Our Bloomfiled Location 

36700 Woodward Ave Ste 209
Bloomfield Hills, MI  48304

Detroit Location 

18551 W. Warren Ave, Ste 100 
Detroit,  MI.  48228

Office Locations 

Telephone Numbers 

Local Phone : 313 982-0010 
Fax Number : 313 271-2561
Toll Free      : 1 877-471-4049
Business Hours 

We do business and answer phones from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday 

After Hours Call 

Divorce Attorneys of  Michigan., PLC 
18551 W. Warren Ave., Ste 100 
Detroit,   MI.     48228
Phone: 313.982.0010
Fax: 313.271.2561
Email: [email protected]
URL: http://aaaa-divorce.com/

It's a new LIFE It's a new DAY
Our specialist advice on family law 
covers all areas including:

√ Contested and uncontested divorce 
 Spousal maintenance/alimony 
 Modification of Existing Orders
√ Child Custody and Visitation
 Child Support
 Spousal Support
 Uncontested Divorce
 Legal Separation
√ Military Divorce
√ High Income/High Asset Divorce
√ Property Division - Home, Retirement, 
 Business, Assets
Our Michigan Divorce Lawyers represent individual in Divorce and related faimly issues in all counties that are within the State of Michigan including Detroit, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Ann Arbor, Allen Park, Albion, Lincoln Park, Brighton, Howell, Saline, Monroe, Blissfield, Romulus, Southgate, Wyandotte, Livonia, Dearborn, Westland, Lansing, East Lansing, Okemos, Warren, Sterling Heights, Roseville, Eastpointe, Warren, Oak Park, Hillsdale, Inkster, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Whitmore Lake, Plymouth, Farmington, Trenton, Flat Rock, Tecumseh, Clinton, Chelsea, Novi, Garden City, Inkster, Taylor, Livonia, Redford, Canton, Southfield, Troy, Northville, South Lyon, Milan, Brooklyn, Melvyndale, Ecorse, Belleville, Canton, Wayne County, Oakland County, Washtenaw County, Monroe County, Macomb County. The information contained herein is not legal advice. Any information you submit to us may not be protected by attorney-client privilege. All or some photos are of models and do not depict clients

Two Locations 
Detroit - Southfield 
A T T O R N E Y S   A T   L A W 
Call us toll-free at 1-877-471-4049 or contact us online to schedule a free, no-obligation free consultation.

First Name *

Last Name *

Email *


Have you and 
your spouse 
agreed on the 
terms of your divorce?

How long have
you lived in Michigan, if any? 

Date of 

Date of 

How many minor children are related  to you and your spouse

Is wife currently pregnant:

How will you pay 
if you decide to 
hire a lawyer?

What is the best 
time to call you?

Your Zip Code:   

Any message or suggestion
for our divorce lawyer: 
Contact Us Online 
Talk To A Divorce Lawyer Today..... 
We Offer Payment Plan In Most Cases 
What is Alimony/Spousal Support? 
Spousal support – formerly referred to as alimony is usually not awarded to either spouse, especially when you and your spouse earn close to the same amount of income. It is also rarely awarded for a short term marriage. The divorce court will consider spousal support upon examining several factors when making a determination as to whether alimony or spousal support should be awarded. The main elements that are taken into consideration include:

    Duration of the marriage
    Age and health of the parties
    Contribution to the marriage
    Past relations and conduct of the parties
    Ability of each party to work and their respective incomes
    Ability of each party to pay spousal support
    Need for support
    Source and allocation of martial assets in property division
    Martial standard of living
    Present situation of the parties
    Prior standard of living of the parties
    Whether either is responsible for the support of others
    Educational level of the person claiming spousal support

Can spousal support payments be modified?

The circuit court may modify spousal support orders in Michigan. But the right to ask for a change in spousal support is a right that can be waived (given up). Keep in mine that if the divorce judgmnet stated that the spousal support provision is binding and nonmodifiable, they have both waived their rights to ask for a change. 

When does spousal support end?

Modification is possible only on a showing of new facts or changed circumstances since the judgment that justify a revision. The petitioner has the burden of justifying a change by a preponderance of the evidence.

Once a change in circumstances is shown, the court considers all the circumstances in deciding what modification to make.
Advanta Law, PLC